- 1 jar (28 ounces) chunky vegetable pasta sauce
- 1 package (20 ounces) frozen sausage breakfast blend
- 1 package (8 ounces) shredded italian five cheese blend
- 1 container (15 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 12 no-boil lasagna noodles (such as Barilla, from a 9-ounce box)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Coat a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the pasta sauce over bottom of prepared dish. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add sausage breakfast blend and cook, stirring, 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in remaining pasta sauce.
- In a medium-size bowl, stir together 3/4 cup of the shredded cheese, ricotta and 2 tablespoons water. Spread 3 noodles over sauce in dish (do not overlap). Top with half of ricotta mixture, then 3 more noodles. Repeat layering with half the marinara sauce, 3 noodles, remaining ricotta mixture, 3 noodles, remaining sauce and cheese.
- Cover dish with nonstick foil; transfer to oven. Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes. Uncover and continue to bake an additional 20 minutes until bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Makes: 6 servings