For the Streusel:
- 1/2 c flour
- 1/2 c dark brown sugar
- 4 Tbsp room temperature butter
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
For the Muffins:
- 2 1/4 c flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 5 Tbsp room temperature butter
- 1/3 c vegetable oil
- 1 c granulated white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 c sour cream
- Preheat to 350°F
- Line muffin tin with liners
- Make the streusel: Combine flour, dark brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon in a small bowl, and using a fork or your fingers mash into a paste that resembles wet sand. Set aside
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and mix until ingredients are combined. Careful not to over beat your batter
- In a separate bowl whisk together butter, oil, and sugar with an electric mixer until it looks soft yellow on the sides of the bowl.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating in between additions until mixture is smooth and all ingredients are well combined. Add sour cream and mix until combined.
- Add your wet ingredients into your dry ingredients mixing until combined. Careful not to over work the batter it'll make your muffin denser and more like pound cake
- Fill each muffin tin with 1/8 c of batter, sprinkle each tin with part of your struesel on top of the muffin batter, put the remaining batter on top of the streusel about 3/4 of each liner will be filled with batter
- Bake muffins until a toothpick inserted comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
- Remove muffins from oven and let stand for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Serve warm.